Home working? Top Tips for Cybersecurity when Working Remotely
– Secure wifi connection.
– Fully updated anti-virus system in place.
– Up to date security software. – Remember to back up periodically.
– Lock your screen if you work in a shared space.
– Make sure you are using a secure connection to your work environment.
– Check if you have encryption tools installed.
Things employers can do:
– Provide initial and then regular feedback to staff on how to react in case of problems.
– Give suitable priority to the support of remote access solutions.
– Provide virtual solutions.
– Ensure adequate support in case of problems.
– Define a clear procedure to follow in case of a security incident.
– Consider restricting access to sensitive systems where it makes sense.